The Peace Corps Fund announces its 2017 writing contest. Prizes range from First Prize of $1000, Second Prize $500 and numerous Honorable Mentions of $250. Top prizes will be published on the Peace Corps Worldwide website and promoted throughout the Peace Corps community.
- Must be a Returned Peace Corps Volunteer or Former Peace Corps Staff
- Submissions should generally advance the Third Goal of the Peace Corps Act: To increase the understanding of the peoples served on the part of Americans.
The Third Goal Writing Contest Overview and Rules
- The Peace Corps Fund will appoint a panel to review submissions whose decisions are final.
- Submissions must be received by April 30th.
- Winners will be announced at the National Peace Corps Association Conference, August 1st.
- Submissions may include, poetry, essays or short stories. No submission may be more than 5,000 words.
- Submission may not have been previously published or have been awarded prizes from other contests.
- Submissions must be original works and include author’s name, address, telephone and email address.
- Submissions must include a 1 paragraph biography of the author including Peace Corps service dates, country and/or staff positions held with dates.
- Submissions must be double spaced, Times Roman, 12 point type and sent electronically via email.
Founded in 2003, the Peace Corps Fund is an independent, 501-c-3 nonprofit organization founded by Returned Peace Corps Volunteers to support and advance the Third Goal of the Peace Corps: to increase the understanding of the peoples served on the part of Americans. Donations to the Peace Corps Fund are tax deductible to the extent permitted by law.
For more information visit the contest website.