NJ-RPCVs in Action!
- RPCV-NJ Begins Its Collaboration with Rutgers International Friendship Program for International Students/Faculty, First Coffee Hour on September 8
- Ethnic Luncheon- Saturday, 9/6/14, 12noon – Pho Le Vietnamese Restaurant, Red Bank
- End of the Summer Picnic for RPCVs in NYC area, 9/7, 1:00-4:00 PM in Brooklyn
- Ethnic Luncheon, Saturday, 9/20, 12 noon, SOL Mexican Cantina, Branchburg, NJ
- Peace Corps Africa Shirts Available from Atlanta RPCV Group
Author Archives: rpcvnj
The planned RPCV & family weekend camping event in September at Frontier Campground has been postponed until next September.
The National Peace Corps Association has partnered with researchers at Baylor College of Medicine to determine if there is a link between the risk of cancers, including breast cancer, and medications taken during Peace Corps service. The investigators have developed an online survey for RPCVs to measure health and health-affecting behaviors.
The goal is that EVERY woman who served in the Peace Corps between 1961 and 1990 is represented in this study.
If you are interested in participating, go to this link to learn more about the study: https://corpschronicles.research.bcm.edu/news/, and you may contact the study organizers at Baylor College of Medecine at firstname.lastname@example.org to ask to receive a study invitation. The survey takes about 20 minutes to complete.
You can also get more information by going to the NPCA website (www.peacecorpsconnect.org) and search for “breast cancer study”.
The National Peace Corps Association and the Tennessee Returned Peace Corps Volunteers want to see YOU in Nashville from June 19-21, 2014!
Take part in this exciting event, with thought-provoking sessions, opportunities to network with your fellow RPCVs, and speeches by global leaders such as Carrie Hessler-Radelet, Surin Pitsuwan and Mike Tidwell. Continue reading